Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Artist's Way...

Some of you may already know of or have already read this book,
"The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron.
I have actually been told about it for years -- from friends, teachers, etc. Everyone saying how much I'd love it. So while creating a Paris reading list, I finally put it on there.
Before I was through the intro I realized you were all right.
"In a sense, as we are creative beings, our lives become our work of art."
Very Cool. I totally get why you people recommended this book -- Thank you.
I suppose it's perfect reading in Paris, considering this is in my opinion THE creative epicenter. I love all Parisian creations -- their style, the mood of the city, the confidence, the apparent ease of things...not to mention the architecture, the gardens, the little charming street bistros and cafes -- it all feels right.
Me at the Jardin du Luxemborg yesterday - so incredible. I have never seen a park like this one. It's huge and immaculately manicured. It almost felt like it wasn't real. And it was filled with people on this very sunny 75 degree Sunday afternoon.
Then we passed by Notre Dame on our way home. So incredible to see in person what I read about in Art History. The detail in the gothic style was astonishing.
Philip reading our Fodor's travel book by the canal today. Another gorgeous sunny September day here.
Me by the canal today, just before I fell in. (just kidding :).
A bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment