Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Ivory Bar Soap -- Cleans Ultra-Suede!!!

Sometimes the classics just don't disappoint...

Ivory Bar Soap = Miracle Product to clean ultra-suede fabric...

I'd been searching the internet high and low to figure out how the clean my off white ultra-suede sofa for so long, I'd pretty much given up on finding a solution. There seemed to be no right answer, and everything I'd tried left strange 'water' spots and discolored rings on the cushions.

A couple weeks ago, I was passing by the Jennifer Convertibles, where I purchased this sofa about 5 years ago. I walked in and spoke to the guy on the floor. I asked him if they sold any special cleaners for their ultra-suede, or if he knew of any store that did? He said no, unfortunately.... Huh, damn...
So I asked him -- How do you clean your ultra-suede sofas in here then? His answer, Ivory Bar Soap and white cloth rags!

Miraculous. I thought this might just be too good to be true, but I went home and tried it exactly as he said: Warm water, white cloths and the bar of Ivory. I dipped the first cloth in the warm water, rubbed it on the soap bar and in a circular motion applied the soap mixture evenly over the whole cushion. Once the whole cushion was covered, I took another clean white dry cloth and made wiping motions both with and against the grain. No exact science...
Right away I could see the ultra-suede coming clean evenly without water spots!

I am amazed this worked and I couldn't be more thrilled with my new looking off white sofa! :)
Try it yourself, and let me know how it works...



1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for posting this. My couch finally looks clean because the water spots are gone!

    ReplyDelete