Thursday, March 17, 2011

Back in Paradise...Vieques Island

Back in Vieques, PR for 12 days...Life is good. There is something about being in the warmth, near the turquoise water and sand that just changes you. Things seem to come into perspective more easily with the sound of the ocean and the smells of the tropical flowers surrounding you.
I love this island. It's beaches are truly magical and there is such a multitude of them that I could go to a different one every day I'm here and love each one more than the next. I have heard that the best is Red Beach (Caracas) but it's difficult to decide.
(I'll include pictures of that beach in a following post).
This picture above is from Sun Bay on Monday at dusk -- we stopped to see the water there right after getting off the ferry and before heading to Duffy's in Esperanza for some dinner.
I've been going to the beach each morning for some ejercisio con Roberto -- it's so nice to be outside connecting with nature while working out...makes a big difference to me. I actually look forward to it and enjoy it at that early hour, so that says something. :)
Yesterday right after a day at the beach and my outdoor shower, I laid in the hammock and did some lazy reading in the setting sun...

Paradise found.

No comments:

Post a Comment