Monday, January 17, 2011

Repurposing found glass objects into functional decor

Check out this vintage Italian olive oil set I repurposed to display the beautiful Turkish spices my sister brought back for me.
It becomes an adorable colorful kitchen accessory -- plus saffron is my favorite color! I just had to show you...then I realized I could also share useful tips about recycling glass objects for decor & functional uses around your home.
It was in perfect condition & I adored the look of it, but first I needed to remove the labels stuck on there.
For anyone who has experienced the difficulty of removing adhesive this is a super easy method that I love:

To get your glassware like new, simply soak them in your sink with very warm water + a scoop of Cascade dish washer detergent + a tbsp of Dawn for about 2 hours, or a little more if needed. The label and adhesive then come off cleanly and easily with no scrubbing or sticky mess. It doesn't get any easier than that!

Below are a few more inspirations of my found glassware that I've repurposed around my home. I love it because it's fun, unique, creative & very green!

A Clinique lotion container repurposed as a paperclip holder for my desk...
A vintage Ball Mason Glass jar - used a utensil holder...
A mini blue glass jar found also at my local thrift -- now a jewelry-project-in-progress-holder...(currently a Turkish evil eye bracelet in the works).

Now go look around your home to discover a new life for your pretty perfume bottles, lotion containers or cool jars ...ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment